Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Update from Teri and Craig

Hello Everyone,

Craig and I arrived safely here in Chiang Mai. All our flights were on time and everything went smoothly. Scott and their two children met us at the Airport. About half an hour later Brenda arrived with two babies that our coming to live with them at Gentle Nest and our new daughter. She was tired as she had a full day in Bangkok. She held mine and Brenda's hand through the airport.

We went back to Gentle Nest. It is so beautiful here. The first night we got used to Kanya's routine. She woke up soon after going to bed and needed one of the people here at Gentle Nest to calm her. The next day was really great. She woke up with us. We made her breakfast and played in the morning. She then played with her friends here as well as us. Last night craig and I were able to read to her and put her to bed. She is so affectionate. She gives us hugs and calls us mommy and daddy. She loves her camera from Grandma Heywood. She deletes all the pictures she takes because she plays with the buttons, but that's okay.

Everyone here is so nice and has helped us to much. I know that they have loved and cared for Kanya so much and they will miss her and she will miss them. They are doing everything to make this transition as easy as possible for her and we are so grateful.

Thanks everyone
Love Teri, Craig and Kanya Hern

6 comments:

Donna Paonessa said...

How exciting! I can imagine how over-the-moon you felt to hold her little hand in yours.

Can't wait for more news!

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo very excited for all of you. I am glad to see things are well. Enjoy your time and all the best on your travels home.

Natasha

jilllsmith said...

SOOO excited, let her know that we are all excited to meet her.

Roxanne Kehler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roxanne Kehler said...

Oops, I deleted my original post :)

Oh what a feeling that must have been to see your daughter in person and hold her hand!! I can't wait for the opportunity to do the same.

The last message you left me mentioned another family in Ontario also adopting from Thailand. This is Amanda and her family. I also correspond with her she, is not my sister-in-law but from her wonderful emails and encouraging words, I would love her to be part of my family. BTW I just got an email from her this AM and she got her travel date!!! So maybe that means there might be some child proposals coming.

All the best on your journey to bring your daughter home!!

Anonymous said...

Teri you just gave me the shivers and tears! What an amazing time you must be having. I am sure this is all so amazing. Enjoy the rest of your time there! Can't wait to hear more stories and see more pictures.

Jenn (and Dave)