Saturday, February 16, 2008

Update


Hello Everyone,


Well we have been home three weeks. Things are going so well. Kanya is doing better each day. I am amazed at how quickly she adjusts.


At first she clung to me. She always had to be touching me even when playing with her toys. I would hold her hand until she went to sleep. Now she plays on her own and even goes up to other visitors if we have people over. Everyday she gets braver and braver. It is so much fun seeing her smile, run and laugh like every other toddler. She is exploring her world, getting into things and testing her limits. She copies everything I do and things on TV. She loves the movie Hairspray and tries to sing a long and do the actions...so cute.


There is so much going on, I will make sure to post updates more often to keep everyone in the loop.


2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi. It is great that she is adjusting in so well. We are still waiting for our travel date and hoping it is not too much longer. We had an update from our foster family this week and that was great.
Julie

Teri said...

Julie,

I hope you get your travel date soon. We got our referal at the end of January 07 so we waited a long time so I know what it is like. That's great that you got an update I used to love getting those. If you want you can email me with your email address and I would be happy to share a little about our trip with you. We met a couple from New Zealand who were adopting briefly while we were there.